Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
30 minutes or fewer
This luxurious dressing polishes the salad leaves with a shiny coat. If you cant find blanched (skinless) hazelnuts, see the note on how to prepare them.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine nuts, maple syrup and sugar in medium bowl. Spread nuts on parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake 15 minutes, stirring once, until caramelized. Let cool.
- Pour vinegar into small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, uncovered, or until liquid is reduced to 2 Tbs.
- Pour vinegar into bowl, and stir in mustard. Slowly drizzle hazelnut oil into bowl, whisking constantly until well blended. Let cool.
- Place mesclun greens in large bowl, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss with dressing. Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Note: To remove skins from hazelnuts, place nuts on baking sheet, and bake at 350F for 8 to 10 minutes, until skins start to loosen. Wrap hazelnuts in kitchen towel, and rub against each other to loosen skins. Remove cleaned hazelnuts to bowl.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 35 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g