- 4 oz. fresh goat cheese log
- 1/2 cup dry plain bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 6 cups mixed greens, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black
- pepper to taste
- Cut goat cheese log into 3/4-inch-thick slices. On a sheet of wax paper, mix bread crumbs, thyme, salt and pepper. Press both sides of each cheese patty into mixture. Set aside.
- In large salad bowl, toss greens with vinaigrette. Divide the salad among 6 serving plates.
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add cheese patties and cook just until cheese begins to melt and spread slightly, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Using a spatula, transfer one patty to each dressed salad. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 6 Servings
- Calories: 134
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 6 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 174 mg