Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
- In small saucepan, mix apple juice and agar-agar flakes. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Bring mixture to slow simmer over medium heat, whisking occasionally, about 5 minutes. Cook, whisking often, 10 minutes, lowering heat if necessary (do not boil).
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, dissolve kudzu in 1/4 cup soy milk. Whisk in remaining soy milk, maple syrup, both extracts, almond butter, coffee, salt and cardamom.
- Whisk kudzu mixture into apple juice mixture and cook over medium-low heat, whisking often, about 15 minutes. Pour into shallow dish and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Transfer to food processor and puree before using.
- Serving Size Makes 2 1/4 cups
- Calories 86
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 67 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g