- 2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brewed coffee, full strength
- 6 oz. unsweetened chocolate, broken into 1/2-oz. pieces
- 2 oz. semisweet chocolate, broken into 1/2-oz. pieces
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Heat water, sugar and coffee in saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil. Place chocolates in stainless steel bowl.
- Remove boiling liquid from heat, and pour 1 cup over chocolate. Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until completely smooth, about 3 minutes. Add remaining hot liquid, and whisk until smooth. Cool in ice-water bath to temperature of 40 to 45F. When cold, stir in vanilla.
- Freeze in ice cream freezer. Transfer semifrozen sorbet to plastic container,securely cover and place in freezer for several hours. Serve within two days.
- Serving Size: MAKES 2 QUARTS
- Calories: 170
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sugar Content: 26 g