Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
These muffins get their sweetness from turbinado sugar, a raw sugar that has been steam-cleaned rather than refined and granulated. Make them with organic dried fruit, yogurt and eggs.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place dried fruit in heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water, and let stand 5 minutes to plump fruit. Drain, and set aside.
- Coat 12-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Combine flours, sugar, orange zest, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs and yogurt in separate bowl. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture. Fold in fruit.
- Fill muffin tins with batter. Sprinkle tops with sugar. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops spring back when touched and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Unmold, and cool completely on wire rack.
- Serving Size Makes 12 muffins
- Calories 187
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 36 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 181 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g