Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
- In small dry skillet, cook almonds over medium heat until fragrant, shaking pan occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Remove to another plate.
- In same large skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and stir-fry 5 minutes. Add ginger, cinnamon, cumin and paprika and stir-fry 1 minute. Return tofu to skillet. Stir in broth, honey and lemon juice and peel and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until tofu has absorbed flavors, about 15 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, remove tofu to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm. Add toasted almonds to liquid remaining in skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until liquid is slightly syrupy, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Make couscous: In medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous, cranberries and apricots, cover and remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff couscous mixture with a fork, stirring in parsley, mint and lemon juice and peel. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Divide couscous mixture among 6 plates and top with tofu. Drizzle with honey-almond sauce and serve at once.
- Serving Size 6 servings
- Calories 365
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 137 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g