Chewy baked tofu stands in for shredded pork (the traditional mu shu filling) in these easy wraps. If you can’t find dried shiitake mushrooms, fresh shiitake or button mushrooms will also work and there’s no soaking time necessary.
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 6 cups thinly sliced cabbage (1/2 medium head)
- 2 small carrots, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 5-oz. pkg. baked teriyaki tofu, cut into matchsticks
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (about 2 Tbs.)
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- hoisin sauce, for serving
- Soak mushrooms in hot water 30 minutes. Drain, remove tough stems and thinly slice. Set aside.
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Season eggs with salt and pepper, and scramble in skillet until set. Transfer to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add oil, mushrooms and garlic to pan. Cook 1 minute, then stir in cabbage and carrots. Sauté vegetables 5 minutes, or until carrots are just tender. Add tofu, green onions and soy sauce, and cook 3 minutes more, or until mixture is heated through. Remove from heat, and stir in scrambled eggs.
- To serve, pass mu shu mixture, tortillas and hoisin sauce around table to let guests assemble their wraps.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 248
- Carbohydrate Content: 154 g
- Cholesterol Content: 108 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 369 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g