You have two options: Either make crust and filling up to 2 days ahead, refrigerate separately and bake galette shortly before serving, or bake the assembled galette up to 2 days ahead and refrigerate. A pizza box is ideal for packing and transporting it. To reheat, place galette on a baking sheet, cover loosely with foil and heat in a 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 large egg white for glaze
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 medium leeks (white and light green parts only), sliced (2 cups)
- 12 oz. cremini or baby bella mush-rooms, sliced (6 cups)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch scallions (white and light green parts only), sliced (1/3 cup)
- Prepare crust: In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In food processor, process cottage cheese until pureed. Add oil, milk and sugar and process until smooth. Add flour mixture and pulse 4 to 5 times, just until dough clumps together.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead several times; do not overwork. Press dough into a disk, dust lightly with flour and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes, adding a little water if necessary to prevent scorching. Add mushrooms, increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring, until mushrooms are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. In large bowl, whisk together whole egg, sour cream, salt and pepper. Add scallions, parsley and cooled leek mixture; mix well.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 15-inch circle about 1/4 inch thick. Roll dough back over rolling pin and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Spread leek mixture over dough, leaving 2-inch border around edges. Fold dough border up and over filling, pleating as necessary.
- In small bowl, combine egg white with 1 tablespoon water; stir briskly with fork. Brush over rim of crust.
- Bake until crust is golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to wire rack and let cool 5 minutes. Carefully slide galette onto platter and serve hot or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 8 servings
- Calories: 232
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Cholesterol Content: 31 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 421 mg