Make this up to 1 week ahead, cover and refrigerate, and thin with more broth if necessary when reheating.
- 1/4-CUP SERVINGServings
- 1 1/2 tsp. soy margarine or unsalted butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced mushrooms (cremini, portobello or shiitake)
- 2 Tbs. dry sherry
- 3/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
1. Melt margarine in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and a dash of salt and pepper; cook, stirring often, 4 minutes, or until golden. Add sherry, and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
2. Whisk broth and cornstarch in small bowl to blend. Add mixture to skillet, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium; cook 1 minute.
- Serving Size: Makes about 2 1/2 cups
- Calories: 14
- Carbohydrate Content: 1 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 35 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g