For even more smoky flavor, grill the peppers and mushrooms.
Meal Plan: Bagel crisps and steamed broccoli and carrots make good accompaniments to this dish.
- 1 lb. small white or Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 8 oz. mushrooms, preferably cremini, quartered
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4-oz. jar roasted red bell peppers (water-packed), drained and chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- In medium saucepan, combine potatoes and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain, cool slightly, then cut potatoes in half. Transfer to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. In medium bowl, combine mushrooms, 1 tablespoon oil, 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper. Place on broiler pan and cook, turning occasionally, until nicely colored and tender, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, combine peppers, garlic and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Cook gently over medium-low heat, stirring, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar, 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper.
- Add beans, basil, reserved mushrooms and red pepper mixture to potatoes and toss gently. Serve at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 245
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 12 mg