Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
For an even smokier flavor, grill fresh red bell peppers and the mushrooms for this satisfying salad.
- In medium saucepan, combine potatoes and cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain well. Transfer to large bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. In medium bowl, toss mushrooms with 1 tablespoon oil 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper. Place on broiler pan and cook, turning occasionally, until nicely colored and tender, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, combine pepper strips, garlic and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Cook gently over medium-low heat, stirring, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Add red pepper mixture to potatoes along with broiled mushrooms, beans and basil. Toss gently to blend and serve.
- Serving Size 4 servings
- Calories 265
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 146 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g