Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
For even more smoky flavor, grill the peppers and mushrooms.
Meal Plan: Bagel crisps and steamed broccoli and carrots make good accompaniments to this dish.
- In medium saucepan, combine potatoes and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain, cool slightly, then cut potatoes in half. Transfer to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. In medium bowl, combine mushrooms, 1 tablespoon oil, 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper. Place on broiler pan and cook, turning occasionally, until nicely colored and tender, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, combine peppers, garlic and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Cook gently over medium-low heat, stirring, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar, 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper.
- Add beans, basil, reserved mushrooms and red pepper mixture to potatoes and toss gently. Serve at room temperature.
- Serving Size 4 Servings
- Calories 245
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 12 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g