Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Recipe by Natural Gourmet Institute
1. Cut mushrooms into quarters.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
3. When pan is hot, add 2 tablespoons of the oil. Sear mushrooms in one layer in the skillet. Set seared mushrooms aside.
4. Repeat process until all the mushrooms are browned, adding oil as needed. Remove to bowl.
5. Add a little more oil to the skillet and sweat onion until soft. Add flour and cook a few minutes.
6. Add sherry and reduce by half. Add stock, mushrooms, salt and garlic.
7. Simmer for about 20-30 minutes uncovered, until liquid is reduced to a sauce consistency.
8. Add pepper fresh herbs, and adjust seasonings.
*If using dried herbs add at the end of step 6
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g