Homemade ravioli is a great make-ahead dish when you use won ton wrappers for the pasta. Place filled ravioli on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze until hard. Store in a resealable plastic bag in the freezer.
- Mushroom Ravioli
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 8 oz. wild mushroom mix or assorted mushrooms, chopped (3 cups)
- 2 Tbs. sherry
- 24 won ton wrappers
- Green Pea Purée
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish, if desired
- To make Mushroom Ravioli: Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until translucent and starting to brown. Stir in garlic and thyme, and cook 1 minute more. Add mushrooms, and increase heat to high. Sauté mushrooms 7 minutes, or until all liquid has evaporated. Add sherry to pan and cook 1 minute, or until sherry has evaporated. Transfer to bowl, and cool 20 minutes.
- Place 1 won ton wrapper on work surface. Brush edges with water. Spoon 1 tsp. mushroom mixture in center of wrapper and fold into triangle, pressing edges to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and mushroom mixture.
- To make Green Pea Purée: Blend peas, broth, and cheese in blender until smooth. Transfer to saucepan, and warm over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add ravioli and cook 2 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain. Spoon Pea Purée onto plates, and top with ravioli. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 292
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Cholesterol Content: 7 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 637 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g