Fresh spinach and mushrooms are well flavored with cheddar cheese in these great-tasting wraps. Purchase baby spinachwhich needs no stemmingif available to cut down on prep time.
- 10 oz. button, cremini or baby bella mushrooms, sliced (4 cups)
- 10 oz. fresh spinach, rinsed well, stemmed and coarsely chopped (8 cups)
- 4 (9- to 10-inch) wraps or flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-style soy cheese or reduced-fat cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
Microwave some red potatoes to accompany the wraps. Round out the meal with a salad of mixed baby greens, cherry tomatoes and carrots.
Prepared salsa (optional)
Lime wedges for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F. In large skillet, cook mushrooms with 2 tablespoons water over medium heat, covered, until tender, about 9 minutes.
- Add spinach, cover and cook just until wilted, about 4 minutes. Drain well.
- Divide mushroom-spinach mixture among wraps, spooning down center of each. Sprinkle with cheese and add some salsa if desired. Wrap up snugly and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake just until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve with a squeeze of lime if desired.
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 219
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 428 mg