The ingredients for this quick Italian ragoût can all be found in any grocery store. Sautéed breadcrumbs replace cheese as a topping to cut down on calories and keep the recipe vegan.
- 1 1/2 Tbs. garlic oil, divided
- 1 lb. button mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium leek, white and pale green parts chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 15-oz. cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 slice whole-grain bread
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp. oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté mushrooms and leek 10 minutes, or until soft and golden. Stir in beans, broth, garlic and thyme, and cook 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pulse bread in food processor until crumbs form. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add breadcrumbs and sauté 8 minutes, or until crispy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir parsley into bean mixture. Spoon into bowls and top with breadcrumbs.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 294
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 713 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g