This Nasturtium Pesto recipe is delicious and good for you, too!
Makes 4 batches.
- 1 large bunch scallions (5 tbsp chopped)
- 1 small bunch nasturtiums, leaves or petals (5 tbsp chopped)
- 1 small bunch parsley (about 1⁄2 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup Parmesan
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tsp lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients except olive oil into coarse, grainy mixture. Slowly pour in oil in several batches, pulsing briefly after each batch, until completely blended.
- Use to top fish or chicken.
- Calories: 541
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Fat Content: 56 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g