Be sure to use a dark chocolate for this rich, sweet and deeply satisfying sauce. Milk chocolate will not yield a good result.oz. dark chocolate-orange bars, such as Newman’s Own Organics Dark Chocolate-
- Chocolate bar, broken into pieces
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- In top of double boiler set over simmering water, combine chocolate and half-and-half . Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour over ice cream or cake.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Reheat in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Add a little more half-and-half if mixture is too thick.
- Serving Size: Makes about 2 cups
- Calories: 45
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 3 mg