This salad with its tri-colored potato mixture lends itself to an unusual presentation. Try placing portions in cup-shaped red cabbage leaves or radicchio leaves, or select unusual serving bowls.
- ½ lb. new potatoes, mixture of Yukon gold, Peruvian purple and white
- 1 ¾ cups chickpeas
- 1 cup (4 oz.) sliced leeks, about 2 medium, including green ends
- 1 cup (4 oz.) diced fennel bulb
- 2 Tbs. raisins
- 1/3 cup soy mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Scrub potatoes, and place in pot of water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook potatoes until tender. Remove from heat, drain, and, when cool enough to handle, cut into eighths.
- Place chickpeas, leeks and diced fennel bulb in large bowl. Add potatoes and raisins.
- Combine soy mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic and thyme leaves, and stir until well combined. Pour over vegetables, and toss to cover well. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 95 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g