Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
When she’s not teaching or traveling, Mary Shivers, who received honorable mention in VT‘s 2009 Reader Recipe Contest for this recipe, loves to experiment with new recipes on her farm near Ada, Okla.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Scoop out centers of potato halves, leaving 1/4-inch thickness near skins. Liberally brush both sides of skins with oil. Dust skin sides with corn flour. Place in single layer, skin-sides down, on baking sheet. Sprinkle insides evenly with garlic-herb seasoning. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, toss together avocados, diced tomatoes, and walnuts in large bowl. Sprinkle with cilantro, paprika, seasoned salt, pepper, and cayenne,
and toss to coat.
3. To serve: divide avocado mixture among potato halves.
- Serving Size Makes 8 potato halves
- Calories 153
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 40 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g