Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This recipe uses canned pumpkin and soy milk to produce a moist cornbread thats light on fat but not on flavor.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- In large bowl, mix eggs, oil, honey, flaxseeds and vanilla. Add pumpkin and soy milk and blend well.
- In medium bowl, mix cornmeal, spelt flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Add dry ingredients to soy milk mixture and mix just until blended. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle sunflower seeds over top.
- Bake cornbread until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting and serving.
- Serving Size 12 Servings
- Calories 174
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 36 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 249 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g