These individual treats hold their shape thanks to agar, a setting agent like gelatin that’s made from seaweed.
- 6 round chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 cup vanilla soymilk
- 1/2 tsp. agar powder
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 7 oz. silken tofu, drained
- 4 oz. vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Coat 6 6-oz. ramekins with cooking spray, and place 1 cookie in each.
- Combine soymilk and agar in small saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat, and cool 3 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in microwave on high power 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Blend tofu, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract in food processor until smooth. Pour soymilk slowly through feed tube with processor running, and blend until combined.
- Set aside 1 cup tofu mixture. Whisk remaining tofu mixture into melted chocolate until smooth. Divide among ramekins. Spoon reserved tofu mixture into ramekins, and swirl with knife. Chill 3 hours, or overnight.
- Serving Size: Serves 6
- Calories: 212
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 154 mg
- Sugar Content: 19 g