Once the dog days of summer arrive and the weather shifts from “pleasantly warm” to “too hot to move,” there’s really only one thing that hits the spot: Ice cream—but not the kind that’s dense with dairy and loaded with rich flavors. What you really need in that situation is this no-churn vegan ice cream that has the zip of lime, the tropical creaminess of coconut, and a little extra silkiness courtesy of some avocado.
What we really like about this recipe is you don’t need an ice cream maker or any other special equipment to make it. If you have a loaf pan, a freezer, and an ordinary blender, you are on your way to homemade ice cream.
See also: 2 Perfect Summertime Ice-Pop Recipes
Coconut-Lime No-Churn Vegan Ice Cream
- Open chilled can of coconut milk and remove cream (cream will have separated from water). Reserve liquid for another use.
- To a blender, add coconut cream, one-half of lime zest, all of lime juice and remaining ingredients and blend on high, scraping down sides, until well incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and garnish with remaining lime zest. Cover tightly with a lid or eco-friendly beeswax wrap. Freeze for 4 to 5 hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, let rest on counter for 5 to 10 minutes.
From Clean Eating
- Serving Size 1⁄6 of recipe
- Calories 337
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 20 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g