Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Dessert or side dish? We’re on the fence when it comes to this noodle pudding, which gets its lightly sweet flavor from caramelized apples and raisins. For the best-tasting and most beautiful noodle pudding, be sure to use wide egg pappardelle pasta.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook egg noodles in large pot of boiling salted water 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Whisk together cottage cheese, yogurt, eggs, egg whites, cinnamon, and salt in bowl. Fold in egg noodles and raisins.
- Quarter each apple. Slice each quarter into thirds. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples, sprinkle with sugar, and cook 4 minutes without stirring. Gently flip apples and cook 4 minutes more, or until softened and golden on both sides, turning once or twice. Carefully transfer apples to noodle mixture.
- Spoon noodle mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake 40 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Cool 15 minutes before slicing. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Serving Size Serves 12
- Calories 201
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 342 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g