Bananas plus vanilla plus chocolate makes a winning combination. Shortbread or vanilla wafers partner well with this dessert. For extra glamour, add whipped cream.
- 6 whole ripe bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 oz. soy yogurt
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate bits
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Spray a 10-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Sauté banana pieces, a few at a time, until outsides turn golden and start to caramelize. Remove them from skillet, and set them aside, repeating process until all bananas are cooked.
- Combine soy yogurt with vanilla extract in a bowl, and stir in chocolate bits. Set aside.
- Toast slivered almonds in same skillet as bananas, spraying with more nonstick cooking spray if needed and cooking until nuts turn golden and become fragrant. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Arrange bananas in a serving bowl or in individual dishes, top with yogurt mixture and garnish with nuts before serving.
- Serving Size: SERVES 6
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 10 mg
- Sugar Content: 33 g