Refrigerate any leftovers. To make the mixture creamy again, add a spoonful or two of boiling water, and toss.
- 3/4 lb. thin spaghetti or other pasta
- 2 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut or cashew butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. rice or red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 scallions or 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, or 1/2 red bell pepper, both seeded and diced
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again. Transfer to bowl. Toss with 1 Tbs. sesame oil.
- Put remaining 1 Tbs. oil, nut butter, soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, vinegar, honey, ginger and garlic into blender. Purée 10 to 20 seconds, or until smooth and thick, but pourable. If needed, thin with 1 tsp. or so water.
- Add dressing to noodles, and toss well, coating pasta thoroughly. Top with chopped vegetables.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 380
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 360 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g