Dried fruit adds complex carbs and fiber to this healthful, portable and unusually good trail mix. It will keep up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup roasted soy nuts, salted or plain
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 slice candied ginger, very finely chopped, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spread almonds and walnuts on baking sheet. Bake 6 minutes, stir, and bake 4 minutes longer. When cool enough to handle, cut almonds in half crosswise.
3. In bowl, combine roasted nuts, soy nuts, blueberries and ginger, if using.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 280
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 9 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g