This homemade mix makes a great gift for someone who's too busy to bake from scratch.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup light brown or raw sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
1. Mix the contents of this jar in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk 1 cup buttermilk, 2 eggs, and 1/4 cup canola oil until well blended.
3. Stir the wet mixture into the dry mix until everything is just moistened (the batter will be lumpy).
4. Scrape into a buttered and floured 8-inch loaf pan and bake in a 350°F oven until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean (about 45 minutes).
Recipe courtesy of Charity Ferreira.