- 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup root vegetables (carrots, parsnips, winter squash, burdock), julienned or sliced thin
- 1/2 cups arame or hijiki seaweed, soaked for 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, frozen
- 1/2 cup other vegetables (such as broccoli, snow peas, string beans), chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. In a medium to large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat, and sauté onion for 1 minute. Add root vegetables, and cook for 3 to 6 minutes.
2. Place seaweed in the frying pan with apple juice and just enough water to cover. Cover, lower heat, and let simmer for 20 minutes. You may need to check on the liquid level and adjust.
3. Uncover, and add remaining vegetables and soy sauce. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until water evaporates.
- Serving Size: Makes 4 servings