The quality of this home-made soda depends on the ripeness of the berries. For more strawberry flavor, use another 1/2 cup berries for the purée and cut back the orange juice by about 1/2 cup. Add just enough soda for spritz. Delish!
- 2 to 3 cups sliced strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/2 cup cooled Simple Syrup (see recipe below)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups club soda
- Put berries in blender or food processor, and process; strain for smooth purée. Add syrup. Stir in orange and lemon juices; add soda to taste.
- Simple Syrup: Combine 2 cups sugar and 2 cups water in small saucepan. Heat over low heat, and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Cool. Once made, it will keep almost indefinitely in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: Serves 8
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 25 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g