Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Heres an extraordinarily versatile gift. You can always find new uses for this relish: toss it with hot pasta; use it on top of Greek-style pizzas; or add it to omelet fillings and deviled eggs. And it couldnt be simpler to makejust whirl a few ingredients in the food processor, and youre all set.
Presentation Idea: This is attractive in almost any sort of jar. Tell your recipients to keep this refrigerated, but make sure its at room temperature when you present itthe relish turns cloudy when cold.
- Pour tomatoes and their packing oil in food procesor. Add olives and garlic, and pulse on/off until mixture is consistency of relish, with olives and tomatoes in uniform small bits. (Don’t overprocess, or it will turn muddy.) Transfer relish to bowl, and stir in lemon juice and 1/2 cup oil.
- Loosely spoon mixture into 3 half-pint jars. When almost full, slowly pour in enough additional oil to cover relish. Add any remaining relish, tamping the mixture down with fork. Add enough additional oil to cover relish slightly. Cover, and store in a cool spot until you’re ready to give your gift. This will keep at least 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size Makes 3 half-pint jars
- Calories 36
- Carbohydrate Content 1 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 126 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g