Homemade pita crisps are quick and easy, but if you’re short on time, you can buy them, or just use fresh pita wedges.
- 3 eggplants (about 1 lb. each)
- 3 pita breads (6-inch diameter), split in half
- 1 Tbs. olive oil plus extra for brushing
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 475F. Pierce eggplants with fork, and place on ungreased baking sheet. Roast 45 minutes to an hour, or until skins are blackened and eggplants are soft, turning occasionally. Cool 30 minutes, or until easily handled. Halve eggplants, and scoop flesh into strainer set over bowl; drain 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush pita breads lightly with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cut each round into 6 wedges. Arrange on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 4 minutes, or until light brown and crisp.
- Transfer eggplant to medium bowl. Mix in olives, garlic, vinegar, cumin and 1 Tbs. oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon into small bowl. Serve with pita crisps.
- Serving Size: 6 Servings
- Calories: 158
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 371 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g