Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 9-inch springform pan.
2. In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the eggs until thick and pale yellow, about 3 minutes. Continuing to beat, slowly add the sugar in a thin, steady stream until fully combined. Then, add the oil in a thin, steady stream, beating constantly. Beat in the vanilla, the lemon juice, and zest.
4. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture in 3 batches. Do not overmix. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
5. Bake the cake until it is golden brown and springs back when pressed in the center, 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven, place the pan on a wire rack, and let cool for 10 minutes. Run a small knife around the inside edge of the pan to loosen the cake, then release and remove the sides of the pan. Transfer the cake to a serving plate. Dust with confectioner’s sugar, if desired.
Extra: Read the full Yoga Journal article, All Dressed Up
Recipe adapted from Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Italian, by Michele Scicolone with permission of the publisher, Weldon Owen, Inc.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g