If you think buttered corn on the cob is a little taste of heaven, just wait till you spread those steamed, grilled or roasted ears with flavored butter. Also try it as a bread spread, a pasta sauce or a garnish for vegetables and potatoes.
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped, (about 2 tsp.)
- 1 Tbs. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
1. Process olives, walnuts, garlic, rosemary and pepper in food processor until finely chopped. Add butter and pulse until combined. Chill 1/2 hour, or until firm enough to shape into a log.
2. Place butter mixture on sheet of plastic wrap. Shape into log, and roll up in plastic. Twist ends to seal. Chill until firm. Will keep in refrigerator up to 2 weeks, or in freezer for 6 months.
- Serving Size: Makes 1 3/4 cups
- Calories: 27
- Cholesterol Content: 6 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 41 mg