Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This is Todd English’s signature dish.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
To make Tart Shell:
2. Put flour, sugar and salt in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, and pulse to combine. Add water, and pulse again. While processor is running, add butter in pieces, one at a time, until dough comes together. Remove dough, form a ball, wrap it in plastic and refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
To make Tart Filling:
3. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, and add butter. Add onions, and cook until they are soft and golden, for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove them from heat, and set them aside to cool.
4. Remove tart dough from refrigerator, lightly dust a work surface with flour and roll dough out to fit into a 9-inch tart pan.
5. Spread tart shell evenly with olive paste. Add an even layer of reserved onions, and sprinkle with chopped olives, goat cheese and rosemary.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat, garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve.
An Italian Pinot Grigio, not too tart but fruity and crisp, would go nicely with this tart. Try a chilled Di Lenardo Vineyard Friuli Pinot Grigio.
- Serving Size SERVES 4
- Calories 420
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 75 mg
- Fat Content 32 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 18 g
- Sodium Content 530 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g