Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
cool and grind in a food processor.
- In fine-meshed sieve, rinse millet and quinoa under cold running water until water runs clear. In medium saucepan, combine millet, quinoa, water and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir, cover and return to fast boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until water has been absorbed and steam holes appear, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in carrots, celery, garlic, oregano and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil large baking sheet. In large bowl, combine millet mixture, sautéed vegetables, sunflower seeds, flour, vinegar, tamari and pepper. Mix well. Using 1/2 cup for each and packing firmly, form mixture into 10 round or oval patties. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- To serve, spoon some pepper puree onto each plate. Top each with a broiled mushroom, a burger and a broiled onion and tomato slice. Ring plates with arugula and serve hot.
- Serving Size Makes 10
- Calories 281
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 391 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g