Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Want tofu to look gorgeous? Give it a spicy glaze that will make it shine on the plate. For added flair, sprinkle the rim of the plate with chipotle powder or chili powder, if desired.
- Whisk together orange juice, maple syrup, vinegar, chipotle chile, adobo sauce, and salt in small bowl. Cover, and chill.
- Cut each piece of tofu crosswise into 8 slices, each about 1/2-inch thick. Place tofu in large shallow glass dish. Add 1/2 cup orange juice mixture and oil to tofu, and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours, turning from time to time. Reserve remaining orange juice mixture, covered, in refrigerator.
- Preheat broiler. Line large baking sheet with foil, and coat with cooking spray. Place tofu on prepared baking sheet. Combine marinade and reserved orange juice mixture in small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Cook over medium heat 12 to 15 minutes, or until syrupy. Keep warm.
- Broil tofu 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until golden, basting occasionally with orange juice mixture. Serve with remaining sauce.
- Serving Size Serves 6
- Calories 207
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 112 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g