Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Chef Cat Cora relies on this crowd favorite for dinner parties.
1. Peel oranges; cut each orange in half along its equator and then into quarters. Thinly slice each quarter and place into a large bowl along with any juice that might have collected on the cutting board.
2. Remove the fennel bulbs’ green stalks and any bruised or discolored outer leaves. With a sharp knife, slice across each bulb as thinly as possible, or use a mandoline. Add the fennel slices to the bowl with the oranges, along with the shallots and olives.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the orange mixture, and toss gently. Use tongs to transfer the salad to a shallow serving bowl or platter. Sprinkle the salad with cracked pepper.
Note: You can easily increase or decrease this salad by a few servings depending on the number of guests; just allow one orange per person.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g