Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Spains hot weather makes dessert a light affairthis moist cake fits the bill. Serve with Light Whipped Cream.
1. To make Cake: Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 8-inch square pan with cooking spray. Toast almonds in skillet over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Cool.
2. Pulse almonds, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in food processor until almonds are finely ground.
3. Combine yogurt, oil, juice, zest and extracts in small bowl.
4. Beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer 5 minutes at high speed. Fold in 1/3 flour mixture. Add 1/2 yogurt mixture. Repeat with remaining flour and yogurt mixtures. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Unmold, and cool.
6. To make Glaze: Simmer juice and sugar in small pan 5 minutes.
7. Poke holes in top of cake with skewer. Brush syrup over cake. Cut into squares, and serve.
- Serving Size Makes 16 squares
- Calories 144
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 40 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 131 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g