Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
Fresh mint, feta cheese and orange slices give this salad a light, refreshing tang. Steamed green beans, sugar snap peas or broccoli florets would also work well in place of the asparagus.
- Bring large pot of water to a rolling boil. Drop asparagus in water, return to a boil and remove from heat. Let asparagus stand in water 1 minute, then drain and rinse under cold water. Cut asparagus on diagonal into 1-inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, remove 4 Tbs. zest from oranges. Put 2 Tbs. zest in large bowl with asparagus, pasta, scallions and chopped mint. Toss well.
- Juice one navel orange. Whisk together remaining 2 Tbs. zest, 2 Tbs. orange juice, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in small bowl. Stir dressing into pasta-asparagus mixture.
- Cut ends from remaining two oranges. Stand one orange on cutting board, and, using sharp paring knife, cut away pith from sides. Halve orange lengthwise, and lay two pieces on cutting board; cut each half in half. Slice 1/4-inch-thick fans from each orange piece. Repeat with second orange, and add fans and feta cheese to pasta mixture. Gently toss to combine. Chill one hour, or overnight. Retoss before serving.
- Serving Size SERVES 8
- Calories 190
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 370 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g