Tasting is believing when it comes to this deceptively simple dessert. Orange-flower water is found in the specialty foods section of supermarkets or liquor stores.
- 6 small navel oranges
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 Tbs. orange-flower water or 2 Tbs. orange juice
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 3 Tbs. shelled pistachios, chopped
- Remove peel and pith from oranges with paring knife. Slice into thin rounds. Arrange in shallow bowl.
- Combine brown rice syrup, orange-flower water and cardamom in saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Once it simmers, remove from heat, and pour syrup over oranges. Cover, and chill.
- Spoon oranges and syrup into bowls, and sprinkle with pistachios.
- Calories: 132
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 2 mg
- Sugar Content: 25 g