Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
30 minutes or fewer
This quince topping is also a basic way to prepare the fruit for other desserts.
- To make Topping: Combine sugar, ginger, lemon juice and 1 1/2 cups water in saucepan. Bring to a boil, and add quinces. Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until quinces are tender. Remove ginger, and let stand, covered, at least 10 minutes.
- To make Pancakes: Whisk together yogurt, orange juice, eggs, sugar, butter and zest in bowl. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in bowl. Stir flour mixture into yogurt mixture.
- Coat skillet with nonstick spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Ladle batter into 4-inch pancakes. Cook 2 minutes on each side, or until browned. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top pancakes with quince slices, and drizzle with syrup. Transfer remaining syrup to pitcher, and serve with pancakes.
- Serving Size Makes 15 pancakes
- Calories 194
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 317 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g