Feel free to top the focaccia with sliced green olives or thinly sliced red onions and serve with olive oil for dipping.
- 1 1/2 Tbs. roasted garlic olive oil, plus more for greasing bowl
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped oregano, plus 1 Tbs. whole leaves, divided
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs. salt
- 1 1/4-oz. pkg. rapid-rise yeast
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
1. Rub large bowl with roasted garlic olive oil. Combine flour, chopped oregano, sugar, salt, yeast, and dried oregano in large bowl. Stir in 1 2/3 cup warm water, and continue to stir 2 minutes (dough will seem wet and sticky). Transfer to prepared bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in warm place for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until doubled in bulk.
2. Line baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Stir cheese into dough. Transfer to baking sheet and spread to sides of sheet with wet fingers. Brush top with 1 1/2 Tbs. roasted garlic olive oil, and sprinkle whole oregano leaves over top. Let rise 1 hour, or until dough is level with sides of pan. Preheat oven to 450°F. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown on top and bottom. Cool 20 minutes on wire rack before unmolding and serving.
- Serving Size: Makes 12 squares
- Calories: 216
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 929 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g