Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This simple dish comes together quickly and, when served right out of the oven, provides a hearty cold-weather meal.
Offer with a tossed green salad or sliced tomatoes, hot crusty Italian bread, and fresh fruit and cheese. Served at room temperature, this dish becomes a suitable spring or fall entrée accompanied by a chilled vegetable soup and a lemon-based pudding for dessert. Best beverages for this would include hot mulled apple cider or a fragrant herbed tea.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat, and add orzo. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and drain.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms and artichoke hearts for 4 to 5 minutes, and add garlic, cooking 1 minute more. Remove from heat, and place vegetables into baking dish. Stir orzo into mushroom mixture.
- Meanwhile, stir together mozzarella, ricotta, breadcrumbs and parsley. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spoon cheese mixture over vegetables, smoothing top with back of spoon.
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until cheese melts and top turns golden. Remove from oven, and serve.
- Serving Size SERVES 4 TO 6
- Calories 360
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 760 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g