- 4 side saladsServings
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas, rinsed and drained, or 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (about 1 bunch)
- ½ cup chopped red onion (about 1⁄2 small)
- ½ cup chopped celery (about 2 ribs)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 to 11⁄2 lemons), or more if needed
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, bell pepper, parsley, onion, celery, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste. Toss until combined. Taste and add additional lemon juice, salt, or pepper if necessary.
2. Serve immediately, or chill until you’re ready to serve. Leftovers keep well, chilled, for up to 4 days.
See also 3 Picnic-Perfect Pasta Salad Recipes