Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth yoga, fitness, & nutrition courses, when you sign up for Outside+.
This moist, tender Bundt cake, rich with the flavors of the Pacific Rim nations, needs only a thin icing drizzled on top. This cake keeps well if wrapped in plastic and actually has more flavor the second day.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Coat 3-quart Bundt pan with cooking spray and dust with rice flour.
- In large bowl, combine Gluten Free Mix, xanthan gum, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, orange peel, nutmeg and cloves. Using a mixer, blend on low speed.
- Add mayonnaise, milk and eggs. Beat until well mixed. Dough will be thick. Beat in kiwifruit until well blended and smooth. Stir in nuts and candied ginger.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until top springs back when lightly pressed, 50 to 55 minutes. Remove from oven, let stand 5 minutes, then invert onto large cake plate or cardboard covered with aluminum foil.
- While cake is still hot, combine icing ingredients. Drizzle icing over cake.
NOTE: To toast nuts, spread them in a single layer in shallow pan or baking sheet. Bake at 325˚F until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Serving Size 12 Servings
- Calories 428
- Carbohydrate Content 68 g
- Cholesterol Content 62 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 441 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g