- 8 ounces wide rice noodles
- 1/3 C water
- 1/2 C lime juice
- 3 T tamari
- 1 T rice vinegar
- 2 T raw sugar
- 2 tsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 T canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 C roasted, unsalted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 C bean sprouts
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C packed cilantro leaves
- 1 pkg (12 oz) extra firm tofu (drain thoroughly before cutting into cubes)
1. In a large bowl, cover rice noodles with boiling water. Soak for 20 minutes or until soft but not mushy. Drain, and set aside. In another bowl, whisk together the lime juice, water, fish sauce, vinegar, sugar, and the chili sauce. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large skilled over medium-high heat. Add garlic, shallot, and protein or mushrooms. Cook for 4-6 minutes until cooked through. Add eggs, stir, and cook until still slightly moist.
3. Add the drained noodles, the reserved fish sauce liquid, almonds, sprouts, and scallions to the skillet. Using a pair of tongs or 2 large spoons, toss until the noodles are evenly coated. Add the cilantro. Cook, tossing constantly, until the noodles are tender and the sauce has thickened slightly, about 3-4 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Recipe fromThe Yoga Body Dietused with permission.
- Serving Size: Makes 4 servings