- 8 oz. rice noodles
- 2 tsp. peanut oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 oz. snow peas, trimmed
- 4 oz. firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/4-inch thick matchsticks
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews for garnish
- 4 green onions, chopped for garnish
- 2 oz. bean sprouts for garnish
- In large pot, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. When water boils, add noodles, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook until al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in large wok or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and garlic and stir-fry 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, snow peas and tofu and stir-fry just until tender, about 4 minutes. Add soy sauce and lime juice and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in cooked noodles and cilantro.
- Spoon noodle mixture onto warm plates and garnish with cashews, green onions and bean sprouts.
- Serving Size: 4 Servings
- Calories: 289
- Carbohydrate Content: 59 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 624 mg