This is a foolproof method for cooking polenta. Just keep adding liquid
and stirring. You can cook it ahead and keep it warm in a double boiler,
stirring in hot water as needed. Stir in the coulis just before serving.
- To make Strawberry Coulis: Put 1 1/2 cups berries in blender or food processor, and purée until smooth. Stir in sugar, lemon juice and remaining berries. Add rosewater, if using. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make Polenta: Combine polenta, 8 cups cold water and salt in heavy pot, and slowly bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often with wooden spoon or spatula, scraping bottom of pot. As polenta thickens, reduce heat to low, and continue to cook. Stir 25 to 30 minutes, or until polenta is no longer grainy; add more water as needed. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Swirl in Strawberry Coulis to make “ribbons.” Spoon into 8 bowls; top each serving with 1/2 Tbs. mascarpone and 1/4 cup sliced berries.
- Serving Size Serves 8
- Calories 210
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 90 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g