Aioli (ay-OH-lee) is a strong flavored garlic mayonnaise from Provence. Try this delicious soy version served with steamed artichokes. It’s also good as a sandwich spread or vegetable dip.
- 10 large cloves roasted garlic
- 2 cups packed parsley leaves and tender stems
- 4 oz. soft or firm silken tofu (1⁄2 cup)
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice, plus more if needed
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt, plus more if needed
- To roast garlic, preheat oven to 375˚F. Remove loose, papery skins from whole head. In shallow baking dish, set head and drizzle with olive oil. Roast until soft, 20 to 30 minutes. Use immediately or refrigerate in sealed container up to 10 days. Squeeze soft flesh out of each clove as needed.
- In blender or food processor, combine all ingredients. Process until very smooth, scraping down sides once or twice, about 2 minutes. Add more lemon juice or salt if needed.
- Use immediately or refrigerate in tightly sealed container for up to 3 days. Thin leftovers, if necessary, with 1 teaspoon water.
- Serving Size: Makes 3⁄4 cup
- Calories: 24
- Carbohydrate Content: 1 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 78 mg